Top 10 Protein Foods
Protein is essential to muscle building because it is responsible for the growth and repair of muscles. It is the main component in muscle tissue and when muscles are exercised, the body must have proteins along with it to repair the muscles. Cooking with different protein types is an excellent way to ensure that the body gets the protein it needs for muscular maintenance and development.
Here is a list of the top foods that are the best sources of protein. pharmacyviagra.com
1. Chicken – One of the best and inexpensive sources of lean protein, chicken is also low in calories and carbohydrates. In addition, you can find low fat chicken in most grocery stores.
2. Turkey – Like chicken, turkey is also a source of lean protein. While turkey is a bit more expensive than chicken, it is also packed with high levels of protein.
3. Whey protein – This is one of the most versatile and affordable sources of protein. It can be found in a number of whey protein powders. These can be used to add protein to a number of meals, or used for treating the post-workoutume.
4. Egg – Yes, you are reading this right. People love eating eggs. They are cheap, easy to prepare, and are rich in vitamins and other nutrients. These are great for people who are trying to gain weight.
5. Salmon – Salmon is another excellent source of protein. Just like in the case of the chicken and turkey, you can get your portions of fish (including oily fish) delivered straight to your door.
6. Cottage cheese – This power food is made from casein, which is a really skimpy form of protein. However, it is a rich source of other nutrients.
7. Whole grain – When speaking of protein, I am referring to whole grain. As a rule, the less refined and more nutritious the grain, the better it is for you. Some really tasty and healthy whole grain breads and cereals are available in any supermarket.
8. Legumes – This is a type of beans. We are talking black beans, lima beans, pinto beans, the list is endless. These are great because they are low in fat andnumber.
9. Nuts and seeds – Some of the best sources of protein are nuts and seeds. Some of these are also cholesterol and fat free, making them a much healthier choice than the fried nuts that you get at most fast food places. Some of the best ones are walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds.
10. Fish – I took a Stanford student here a few years ago who was severely allergic to fish. I never gave him fish before. I got him on salmon oil, which is commonly recommended for arthritis and other inflammatory skin diseases. When he could eat it, he could breathe through his nose and his skin cleared up within two weeks. Salmon oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids that do wonders for your skin especially for your face. When it comes to weight loss, you want to consume food like this to speed up your metabolism and your weigh loss.
Incorporating all of these foods into your diet, not only will you feel better, look better, and lose weight, but it will make you healthier. Weight loss, good health, and a lean body are the results that you will be comfortable with. Top 10 Protein Foods